Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fun stuff...

I've been asked a few times why I didn't compete in the building contest.  Well, I did have a piece started, but it was too big and I just wasn't in the mood at the time to be confined to such a small piece.  I am working on a few buildings on the side.  I think they'll go up at my deseeded corral. I'll have one rezed out at a time and the others on a vendor board with a picture of them.

I did have a few pieces that would have fit.  I could have set them out and tweaked them.  But I'm honestly swamped right now...not sure if I'm coming or going.  Had an unplanned workday away from the house yesterday due to one kid needing something...and was just hinted that we may have to do something with the other tonight.  I'd rather stay home.  LOL I do need to dig out more jewelry for the Christmas fair table.

Eww...tried a new coffee with herbal undertones this morning and just took a sip.  Perhaps putting the chocolate/caramel creamer in it wasn't a good idea.  LOL

Had a deseeded Biobreeds patron auction this week.  Of course, it wasn't as L-lucrative as before, but I'm very happy.  Cleaned out the lives in storage.  I'm not one to "own" a line and keep it all to myself - mainly because I believe mixing in new blood helps the lines.  And I've discovered that keeping the lives forever just isn't working for me...I end up with babies to use instead.  So I'm starting a deseeded store area.

Good day yesterday with biobreeds.  Got a lavender exotic, a roy turtle exotic with st paddy's hair, and a few more chips.  I birthed the female hellish dobe and set the extra male with her at The Farm store.  I just am not selling them cheap as others are, so they may be around awhile.  When I have extra Ls I'll pick up one from someone else selling cheap to set out for resell.  Give me stock to sell and help someone with their weekly food bill.

And the tigers were really good as well.  A pair I kept for myself and was banking on came through with triplets.  Two females and a male.  Two were level fives.  I kept the level five Sumatran Jambi to go with my padang male I got last week.  The other two go into tomorrow's Camelot auction.

Auctions... think I'll have to leave tomorrow's early, which is probably going to be the norm for many.  And I hope to make it to the end of Thursday's auctions to get a spot at the Farm for Monday's.  I am out of spending money but should have visited last night's auction for moral support.  But was totally beat after 8 hours away from home, of which 3 hours was driving time.

And to be honest, being scarce for awhile may be a good thing.  I don't friend my breedable friends so I don't get "business calls" on a game, which is a game to me, and all those tp requests and so forth that people think other people want all the time for auctions to come spend money.  I'm a RL copywriter who detests being sold to.  Why my work is more informational than advertisement.

And I spent a lot this week that I'm still not caught up with, even with the patron auction.  That attracts attention, and I've gotten a lot of "hey, I just put out (breedable) that you may be interested in" IMs afterward.  I'm sorry, friends.  I appreciate you're trying to inform those who may be interested and probably giving me first chance in many cases, which I emphasize that I really do appreciate.  But that approach isn't for me.  Send spam in the ad group.  Rent a shop at Camelot or The Farm.  Those odd moments when I want to shop...I'll check those places.  Usually I just choose two or three auctions a week and just shop there though..when I have L's, which is dwindling way too fast...I could be down to just a few breedables within a month if things don't change.

And I have to admit, I'm WAY overloaded now.  Anything I do get for quite awhile now is: very specifically traited (and no, I'm not looking for anything specific), something I want to resell, or a cheap buy to get 5 biochips.

Fish and seahorses: definitely done buying for a long time.  I have about sixty of them now, and birthed all I could...still have about 35 or so to work my way through.

Biobreeds: I'm set. Don't need any.

Cannibi:  Good there for a long time now.

KittyCats:  Not interested in buying, although I will admit.  Got my eye on a cheap mega right now that someone better buy quick!

Imaginimals: Sticking with the two I have now.  Haven't birthed the three babies from them yet.  Waiting to see what changes/improvements the next update gives.  They still have a long ways to go in movement performance.  If the next update doesn't improve it much, I may let the two adults go and just hang on to the shells while they finish beta.

Wild Kajaera Cats:  Oh, I'm really set for awhile.  At my food budget limit now, with an extra male who should be sent to sanctuary really.  Waiting to make sure no friends want to take him on though first.


Lillith really missed Bram Stoker after he swam out to see and was lost.
Luckily, he was rescued right after this was taken.


The cats had a secret meeting together at the scratching post.
I was nervous.


The St. Patrick's Day hair on a Roy Turtle.  Awesome.
Smmu's taking him for her side of ranch as her Roy is almost deseeded.


New Camelot Ranch home is set.
At least for a month...hoping sales justify returning to a private sim home.




No comments:

Post a Comment