Monday, September 30, 2013

So far...meh...

My sales update is "meh".  The weekend is usually when I get the traffic sales and there weren't the sales this weekend.  In fact, weekend traffic was way down all over.

So...I am breaking one of my rules at auction today.  Setting out a biochip pair for way cheap.  I shouldn't...I mean it cost me 50K in food and tiers expense to earn the female.  The male isn't too bad - I purchased him from someone else.  But I'm only asking for a 20k start bid.

If they sell, I know I'll regret it, but it's one of those times when you must do what you must do.  My L's are gone, so time for some planning ahead so I don't have to close up shop for awhile.

If they don't sell, that's really not a good sign at all.  And I'll have to do some thinking on my next step.  Not speculating on what that will be until the time comes.  It'll be working towards not having to close up for a few months.

When it comes to Biobreeds, I really am working on thinking in terms of what it cost me to make or buy an animal/crate when it comes to setting them out for sale.  I'm no longer in the party trying to keep the prices up to a fair amount.  People just are not interested in that for buying, nor selling.

My guide:
Base start is 150L... since it costs me 100L to make a BB animal, 150L is the absolute less I'd take in sales versus just turning it in for biochips.
Epics are priced based on their rarity, timing, unique look, passable traits, potential for future goals, and what all this is worth to me.  I've let a lot go already, actually.
Additions to the sales price is based upon:
Line - type and purity
Parents - Epic influence based on types of traits possible, if they're cool and popular, and if the trait actually passed on ...  Biochip epics demand a 300L minimum sales price on ones not showing the eyes, good offspring with eyes showing or not is 350-1500L based on what the other parent is and total number of traits.
Traits - some types will warrant higher pricing...5T and up in dogs will warrant higher price...10T ponies and exotics warrant higher price...certain combinations that appeal to me and I like to keep around may warrant higher pricing
What's it worth to me?  If the crate is something I'd like to birth and use after one is deseeded, I may mark the price up.
Coat difficulty - if the coat is hard to pass on, that adds to the price.  In exotics, Salvadors, Roys, Henris, Lavender, Puce, and Oceans are ones that come to mind right away.  I'm still pricing those at 500L, although some may come down to 350L in another few weeks.
Good deseeded breeders are priced mostly at 300L each.  That's a fair pricing for a pet in my honest opinion.  Priced a few ponies for a little less and a few very good traited ones for closer to 500L.

On the WK...it's not working out so well.  I do think I'm just playing now to save up sanctuary points.  Still trying to decide what to do, how to determine what to keep and what to let go of.  Toying with the idea of only offering the odd sized and twin sets for sale, keeping the good RFL os for myself, and letting the rest go to sanctuary.

I did figure out that although the WK cats are easy on the L's to feed, because of their breeding patterns and that you need catnip to breed them, they cost me 350L on average to make a sack.  Now, this is harder to determine because you never know if you're getting 1,2, or 3 sacks from a breeding.  But 350L for my group is the closest I can come to for an average.

Plus it is a truer estimate than BB because I factored in the cost of the parents, based on buying a starter couple.  I supposed some sacks would only cost me 250L to make because of variations in this.  But for sales I'm sticking to 350L minimum or send it to sanctuary.

I picked up my Imaginimals pair.  Tired of waiting on that update.  They've got a lot of bugs to work out yet.  I have three shells from them that will be good to use once the next update comes through.

Not sure of the bushes.  Did very well with my CannabiSL round, but "OH SO BORING!"  LOL  I doubt I'll stick with this breedable for long.




No comments:

Post a Comment