Saturday, January 5, 2013

Jan 5 2013 Breedables restart

Seems so weird.  Only breeding 63 breedables now, after nearly 2 years...or maybe more than 2 years of having 250 breeders going. 

I'm officially a Biobreeds person now.  It just makes more sense:
Animals cost a lot less to feed.
They can be reseeded, which really protects your breeding line.
When they run out of seeds, they don't eat to keep as pets. 
Biobreeds are generous - free food Tuesdays, free packs at auctions, free epics every so often.
Cost for the epics are better.
When sales are low, selling one for 100L means feeding two animals for a week, and it's a lot easier to sell them for a low price as 100L than other breedables.
They're so much better on the grid...their scripts are much more better made than the competitor's.
They are great for interacting with.  Except I'd personally would like it better if the ponies actually liked the dogs instead of running away from them.  Creates issues on parcel set ups. LOL

Now, I did keep a small line of KittyCats.  They're great to have for fun in a small number.  I'm guessing that if I was to hang out with the auction crowd with them as I do the Biobreeds crew, I'd probably find them as worthy.  Except that the males can have only one partner and they do expire and they're expensive to feed as pets or make into pets.  But the alternative is the menagerie set up is great, and they're totally wonderful people.

Meeroos, I quit long ago.  Too expensive all around and the running off is a huge minus to me.

Amaretto, still have a few around, but pretty much selling those down.  May keep a few to breed racers with higher traits from, but doubt I'll ever have a huge herd again.  They're expensive and boring, and for the areas I'm playing in, the market has given it in.  They were great as a market game, but found that breeding them isn't as much fun.

They expire at 120 days, so essentially become worthless after that.
Give duds a lot more than the others, which does take the fun out of it.
They need to be turned off more than the competitors due to scripts taxing the sims.

But the Amaretto horses are beautifully designed, the customer service is great, and extras or retired horses can be havened for points that build up to give some really cool limited editions.  Oh, and they're great for riding.

Just my opinion...really really didn't like their dogs.  I will admit I did like the schnauzers and the great danes...just still not as well done as their horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment