Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Biobreeds 10T Ponies

The big trait goal with Biobreeds ponies is getting 10 traits total.

I've had 2 10 traits so far, in Roan Fairy Dust.  Not a breed I'm actually trying for, but I ended up with a small herd of them anyway.

Now I'm trying to get the 10T in the Legend Bubbly.  This is a new coat that came out at the same time as the roan moonlight and roan sunlight.  Both of the roans are popular with breeders and sell well, but no one wants the Legend Bubbly's.  Pity.  They are pretty.

I started with a 2 trait male and now have a herd of 12 legend bubbly ponies breeding - all with 8 or 9 traits.  That's a few months worth of breeding and still no 10T.  A few of the 9Ts run out of seeds soon too.

The hold up for me was that yellow eye.  The original male had it and it's a bugger to get rid of.  Took three generations for me to start phasing it out.  Seems that the strongest eye to fight that yellow is the celestial eye.

I'm also crossing some a little with the dapple tao.  I have a few 9t offspring, and some 8t, that are tao from the legend bubbly herd.  The male I started with hid the coat and is passing it down throughout the generations well.

LOL dummy me birthed a 9T tao male from two legend bubbly parents this morning.  I read it as legend bubbly and thought it would replace one of the soon-to-run-out-of-seeds males.  Guess it will go into the other herd and I'll be reseeding a main male.

My two 10 traited roan fairy dust male and female just bred today.  Should be a strong pairing.  They're mother and son.

No comments:

Post a Comment