Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I say no more...

The title reference is to my thoughts on Biobreeds traits.

For a long time I kept posting that I want the 11th pony trait.  And I really did, until yesterday.

I was heavily into Amaretto and think it's a good product.  But they've done too much with it.  I walked markets yesterday to see what the newest coats were and saw the new haven horse.  Wow, perhaps the market hasn't crashed and it's still there, but it's definitely not the healthy market it was when I bred Amaretto.  Looks like I got out at right time.

And the traits...I see the traits as a real contributor to this.  There's too many.  It's cluttered up the breeding.  I don't want to see my BB ponies ruined this way.

I do enjoy seeing all the custom designer Amaretto horses though.  Some of the combos are super cool looking.

Biobreeds was always a variety product and that's what attracted me to them in the beginning.  I've been very happy with how they've brought out new breeds.  And how there's no interbreeding of the dogs.  And how we get to reseed them.  Really makes them more valuable to me, and with them, I know I have something to have for next year.

Only wish is that they'd go dormant in inventory.  Sometimes it is necessary to cut back on land for a few months or to leave SL for RL reasons for a bit.  Very inconvenient to have to heal the animals you bring out of storage.

As it is for rotation breeders like me.  I keep a set number of breeders out at a time.  When it's time to rotate to another from storage, I have to heal them first or wait for them to heal.  May have to see what Ozzie says on this.  They do give other perks so this may be one of the few ways they get to keep an income flowing.  It may not be easy for them to fill this need.

I do see that pet peddlers and Imaginimals have it so theirs go dormant in inventory.   If I'm not mistaken, WK cats still eat while in inventory as long as the person has food purchased on the grid somewhere.  While this is an option it would cause me to let go of a lot and start over in many of my breeding...I have a ton of BB in storage with seeds still.  My food wouldn't last even a day and all of them would starve!


Smmubert's dogs sleep on water.


Now that I found a nice spot to relax, I have to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment