Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Market work...

The two sims are in process of closing down.  I got some last minute sales there that covered two weeks of rent for our parcels.  Gives us a start anyway.

I understand.  Lord knows I've been in a similar situation.  Didn't let the drama in, but the situation of needing to take myself into a different direction and close a full marketing sim down I do know well.  (I miss mine by the way - if SL wasn't so frickin' costly I'd have it again.)

As a patron, I don't like how it was done.  No system of proper notification to the patrons who were not at auction at the time.  And then, boom, once the decision was made sim clean up commenced.  Me, when I did it, I gave a week's notice of which day I'd actually start picking stuff up.  This way made me feel kind of pushed off of the sim, although I know that wasn't the case.

I haven't picked up another market spot to replace the one I was selling lives at.  I just crammed them onto our existing spots for now.  Once our home sim gets through tomorrow's restarts we should be able to see where we're at in prim count.

Still get errors on KittyCats there when rezing them, but they work, and I'm testing six BB dogs which seem to be doing just fine.  Hoping tomorrow's weekly resets will kick whatever is out of whack back in.

I do need some space for advertising our personal sales yard and for some crates at another market soon-ish.  I took a small stand at The Farm for advertising for now.  Can't sell enough at stands there to justify paying the higher rates there though.  When Amaretto went through that first slow spell, the owners lost interest in properly marketing the sim there to keep the traffic up.  I suspect they just wanted a less-work area to sponsor the auctions on and to get out of the market sim situation.

Bought a Valentine husky for 900 and sold my other one for 2k.  Not bad.  Hoping I can get a system of buying and reselling epics going...help others out and be able to play the game without increasing my prim counts and costs.


No comments:

Post a Comment