Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Drama can be funny or sad...

Got a laugh today.  Took a look at the profile for the drama queen from the near history events.  She has an anti-drama post on her profile.  Too funny!

So glad I didn't have to deal with that mess and that it's done with now. 

When I allow myself to think on these instigators, it's also something I find very sad.  They just don't get it.  They don't get they actually did something wrong and place the blame on everyone else.  And they really do think that everyone around them agrees with them, when in reality most are just playing supportive or being quiet to wait it out and let it blow over and things get back to normal.

It's a common cycle in SL.  Sometimes in RL too...which is doubly sad.

I just don't get it either.  Maybe it's my military upbringing.  Rules and standards are made by the owners and I follow them.  Whether I like them or not, is beside the point.  If I don't like them, then I'm free to bitch here and go somewhere else where I do like the rules.  And I don't expect them to make me an exception...I'm no better than anyone else and I know it.  If I play along, I play along with the same rules as everyone else.

I may tell the owners why I'm leaving, but I don't go on a rampage on the people they hire to enforce those rules. 

Much like yelling at the telephone operator for the credit company.  Does no good.  You gotta get to the manager and deal with it through a person who has the power to do something about it or who has the final say to just tell you you're S.O.L.. 

Nice thing about the families I have now in SL.  If there's a ruling I don't like, I can talk to the management about it.  And when this type of drama happens, our family adjusts and lets it blow over without getting into too much of a fuss.

In this case, a further change that has nothing to do with the drama incident helped to speed the healing along too.

Of course, it's SL.  Disruptions will always happen.  But we're stable and can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment