Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Almost a dozen...

Not sure when Ozzie is going to let us have the eleventh pony trait.  Hoping it will be soon.  I'm working with one herd of 3 10Ts and 2 9Ts, plus building my Legend Bubbly herd up to match.

I did get a 10T Legend Bubbly with icy star eye and icy chill hair both.  Sounds really cool, but honestly doesn't look so hot on that coat.  Think I'll use that stud as a trait producer instead with the sunlight and moonlight roans.  The traits look better on them and there seems to be a shortage of those roans with shades.  His are fairly strong, so hopefully he'll let them in.  It's a good time for some mixing as those roans are dropping in prices.

I do have a few LBs out for sale.  My 9T breeders.  Six are out right now, but doubt they'll sell.  I ain't letting them go cheap...not for all the work I did to get them there.  I MAY do a special deal panel at auction tonight...still debating.  Otherwise, I'm looking at heavening about four of them.  Hate wasting good high traiters.

Still in love with Biobreeds.  They have a system to use that's SO much better.  The peds are available to see on everything and not dependent on who is a subscriber and who is not.  Makes breeding and buying decisions so much easier.  And they have a slew of traits out there, but the ability to reseed allows us to perfect our breeding over time.  The animals and our efforts aren't "wasted" after 120 days.  Sooo wonderful.

So, yes, I'm definitely over Amaretto.  That's saying a lot, considering how in tune I was with them for a few years.  I tested it by checking their updates and seeing pictures of their new releases.  I admit....they look nice.  I like them.  BUT had no inclination to go running back and buying any new ones.  No thanks...I'll stick with Biobreeds now.

You'd think upcoming breedables would pay attention and learn from BB.  There's good reasons like above why people are leaving others to breed Biobreeds.

Same old story with Amaretto.  They don't really listen, even though they say they do.  They listen to each other and do those in their little circle actually.  Their "only positive conversations of Amaretto" attitude is sickening and insulting to be honest.  Seems no one's excluded.  Even on the forum...noted a few very well worded and respectful complaints of a situation, one by a very big long time customer of theirs.  Both threads were shut down, both answered by two different individuals, both with an identical lame pre-made response.

Not to mention all the wings coming out.  They're not selling horses anymore it seems.  That's neither here nor there.  Other breedables have their own "non-real" horses coming out too.  Even Biobreeds has color combinations that are out there, and the upcoming exotics are supposed to be more fantasy like.  What confused us when Amaretto brought the wings out is how there was a poll to see if we would like another prim added to our horses for a new trait.  Maybe we're wrong, but we thought the poll results was no to adding a prim.  The wings add 2 or 3 prims.  Hence, another reason I'm sure they're not actually listening to people.

That's okay.  I think they've made their decisions and have set their business on the path they wish it to follow.  It's very event filled anymore.  Which is good for a social site, even if it's not for me.  I think they've decided to take their business and create more of a social breedable club with it.  Which is probably a good thing.

And good thing for me that there's Biobreeds to fill the void this has created in my own little world.  Although, I will admit, I'll probably try a few of their horses again in InWorldz.  In spite of what I think about their attitudes and business plans, they do have good products, even if they conflict with SL's grid a bit much.  InWorldz is supposedly being ran "better" so maybe their scripts will work better there.  Good move on Amaretto's part to branch out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment