Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Think I've figured it out...

I've done a lot of sorting and rearranging of my biobreeds animals.  Many are out for sale...they'll go if not sold shortly.

Luckily, I'll be all right.  I'm a bigger breeder so I'm left with a lot that will make babies that qualify.  Maybe not as often, but they will.  With luck, I'll still make enough to pay for food.

It's the smaller breeders I worry about more...And the rest of us.  Discourage breeding, you also discourage buying. 

People like their freedom to breed the way they see fit.  It's one of the biggest draws for me to BB.  This limits it for people like me.  Not totally, because many of those will qualify for the regular panels.  But not the specials, so sometimes I'll only have something that qualifies for a regular. 

I'm lucky in the way that some of my 10Ts now have matching coats.  Their babies with the same coats will end up being okay for a special panel.  However, this has devalued my other 10Ts.  Still, I've worked hard for them and will set their babies out at the same determined prices on my stand.  And maybe on the regular stands at auction...and hope they still sell.  Getting bids on 10T ponies isn't as easy as one would think under normal circumstances.

Kept my desires hair group of zeonies going and will keep going with the zeonies on a smaller level. Do want to do something with exotics. I'll have to reorganize and figure it out when they're released again.

Well, that's ponies.  Think I have my direction there figured out.  Now the dogs. 

Giving up on some that I've purchased over time...need to limit the bodies I feed now.  Chose three dobes to continue with, epic and special huskies, a small group of german shepherds, licorice chis, and shibas to stick with.  I've just lowered the numbers of those instead of doing so many.

Not sure what to do about the upcoming dalmations.  Maybe just a few and not as many as I normally would. 

The higher trait requirement on ponies isn't so bad.  They're much easier to get traits into.  But dogs...I won't have as many dogs that qualify.  Many get 1T with the coat from their dogs...they're worth buying because of the breeding and you'll be likely to get the other traits out of them with the next generation.  But now for regular panels, they need to be 2T with the coat. 

Never mind the special panels.  I probably won't have dogs for those now.  What I choose to sell is dang hot in breeding, but not traited enough, and often with parents of two rare coats not the same.

Have my physical ad avvie going and will work with the auto software some more to get the actual ad avvie running again for the store and try to make up the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment