Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snowed in...

We had our family event last night - our new grandson was born.  It's our third one, and I'm finally getting used to being such a "young grandmother."  We married very young, so most of our friends are still raising their kids when ours grew up and moved out.  Really kicks socializing activities in the butt when they're busy doing parenting stuff that we already did.  Most of my friends do tend to be around 10 years older than I now.  Makes sense I guess.

Great news on baby boy.  Crappy bit is that to make sure we were there, we went early in morning and stayed 8 hours before coming home to let the dog out.  The snow was starting so we stayed home.  But baby didn't come until a few hours after we left.  So we didn't see him.  What is a further bummer is the snow piddled out after awhile instead of dumping right away like it was expected, so we could have went back, but didn't know.  So, we won't see him until this storm clears and the roads are safe again...at least a few days.

Bummed a little, but choosing to believe there's a good reason for it.  We pushed it through last storm to see our granddaughters a week ago for birthday and returned home in the beginnings of snow.  We had just missed seeing what looked like a crazy wreck.  We noticed on way home last night there was a cross there now, so someone died in that wreck.  Better to be a few days late seeing the baby than to add another cross.

BB slow day other than hanging at the auctions, I hope.  My crew chooses the day I'm snowed in to not have anything.  Think my next one isn't until late tonight.  LOL

I did get a few good crates from BB yesterday, and a few duds that made me 5 points.  :-)  Darn coats aren't behaving as well as they should though.  Taos gave an earth, and LB gave a tao.  They're all confused. lol  10T and 8T, so one for the dapple bundler and one for stand or auctioning off.

My generation line of quad mysterious kittycats gave another quad mysterious in teacup size today.  That's good.  Keeping that one for my own next gen breeding since my teacup Frankenkitty retired.

I've neglected the other areas of my SL business, so choosing to use my profits this week investing to build that up.  Not to mention building.  Need to get five prezzies ready for next month's hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment