Friday, July 12, 2013

Elpis and her lack of patience...

Yes, I'm impatient.  Many of my exotics are frustrating me. Not because they don't carry anything, but because they won't tell me what they're carrying.  They keep giving over to the other parent or just pass their shown coat.

Think I need a new rule.  Show me what you have within 5 crates or you're 5 biochips.  LOL  Especially for the males.

I'm collecting special epics and have gotten hold of 3 sets of the 4th epics so far (may be able to get a 4th one within a week).  Seems I've ended up with a ton of the last two styles of freebie epics, so figured I may as well run with that angle.  LOL

I birthed the three zeonies from the ones I have now.  When they grow, three of the other males have lost their chance to prove themselves and will be replaced.

Seriously...so tired of the dang cheetah starter coats. I want to see what's underneath!  Even if it's crap.  My special boy Trem's Wild Irish threw four of four champagnes, his fifth and last with me is about to drop.  He's out for sale now and will end up in Monday's auction if he doesn't sell.  That's a disappointment.

But the gentians have proved themselves and have become the ones to happily finish out.  One carries Solarium, the other Stippled.  Then I'm raising the pablo to go with the andy's and bringing up a tawny leopard we got from another breeder.  And still trying to find out which one of the two are carrying illusion in the giraffes...so it's not like I'm not set with good ones to breed.  I am.

LOL probably should just pick up all the extra males and just breed out one at a time to save my sanity.

The RFL tiger offspring pair proved themselves to be awesome.  Gave twins.  A 7 traited level 6 and a 5 traited level 4.  Very happy there.

Kittycats were boring this last go around and no sales.  Even menageried my RFL couple.  But I enjoy having them so will continue to breed them.  Should get a stand at Tiger Island again.

On German Shepherds, I'm working on Nik's Triple Sec's line.  I put him with two white ciels from outside breeders and he's done very well.  Have a black son and daughter now with good traits, and a white son and daughter with ciel shade to work with now. Plus I added in one white female I've been holding onto.  Was going to sell her, but her line is too awesome.

I took away the random vendors for German Shepherds and just set some crates out.  Preserving most of Nik's Triple Sec's line.  And will probably heaven a lot of the left overs, what I don't send out to Nik, as I do have a bunch that is pure for his line.

Not going to try selling his line off for the most part.  I don't think people appreciate what he did for me...a few bought crates from his store so it's hard to explain to them.  Now, Nik's Triple Sec I did purchase at auction...he did bring the occasional prime crate to auction to sell, but not very often.  Nik sold me 7 actual lives from his breeding stock.  Not sure he does that often at all.  But maybe I'm wrong.  At any rate, using his name at auction isn't helping me when my good set didn't sell and another got a high dollar on same night.

So Nik's Triple Sec has become the founding stud for my new line.  I've gotten the breeders I need for it from outside, plus have a few in backup in case I need to mix something else in later.  And it's working very well so far...

1 comment:

  1. Silly me...should have known the four exotic attempts today would show NOTHING.

    Heavened one of the xtra males...stowed one away...working on two others with the 10T mares for another week that show promise...a 4th extra gets to go all the way to deseeding as he's also an epic.

    And one of the crates was the 5th champagne in a row from Trem's Wild Irish. Don't care anymore - if he's not sold before then, I'm sticking him in Monday's auction on open bid. Someone will take him!

    ReplyDelete