Monday, July 15, 2013

Less frustrating, but slow day and some Myst news....

Last night one of my new extras showed his main hidden as a starter coat on the first crate.  Sad it's a starter because he's an epic that will eventually be deseeded for my normal stock, but glad to know what he carries.  It helps me plan his schedule better.

Hoping he's taught the other two with him how to do it.  They're being stubborn so far, and in a few days they either get stored or heavened if they do not show their stuff, to make room for the three growing 4ths.

People seem to be holding onto their 4th epics more than they did the previous epics.  Usually I'd see a bunch out for sale by now and would go buying them up when I had the lindens on hand.  Only have three this time so far.

Not sure what I can do at auction today.  Think I overspent at last auction.  Some of my foods are out and I need to refill.  May have to pay for that myself.  Trem's Wild Irish is on my panel today...I'm sure he'll sell, but not sure it will be for a whole lot.  If it is, it will be because he looks so snazzy.  Any breeders who look will not be impressed with his kids.  LOL

Not sure what to do about my KittyCats.  People just aren't interested in buying anymore.  They're great, but when slow spells hit, they're not as easy to decide on as Biobreeds.  I can't just say "Okay, let's take a break for a bit," and pick them up.  They still age and expire, and become useless.  Their breeding use only lasts for so many days versus so many seeds.  Hence the reason I don't breed more of them - I can't rotate what I'm breeding at any given time.  Honestly, only reasons I breed more than two is to use up special editions that I can't resell and because they have low prim options.  Still, I'm not breeding a lot, just ones I really like, hence my conundrum on what to do from here with them.  The home kitties have food for a few months, so I just have the ranch kitties to pay for food now.

WK cats are still doing well.  Next ones aren't due until Friday.  I'm to the point where I'll need to think about sanctuary this next week for two.  Harder to do on these, but I realize it's needed to keep the population more even.  Trying not to birth as many as I can, of ones mine drop and of ones I buy.  Try to keep them down to 10 live breeders so save extras for resell or use later on.  Smmu will take one or two to start her group, as she's taking a break from the chis and ponies and breeding exotics and WK, so that will help.

In Myst news, haven't heard from Thorne and Issis in awhile. Hope they're doing okay.  I did talk to the publisher...they're going to go ahead and get the M'nine Age Exploration novel ready soon.  They were waiting on an artist who was going to try to finish Gandhar's graphic for it, plus use his favorite thoughts and pics from Myst for inside illustrations.  We lost him before he could finish the graphic a few years back. (still miss him a lot)  But instead, it sounds like they're going to publish it as is, saying the cover stays in dedication to him.  Maybe re-release it later on with an updated cover.




No comments:

Post a Comment