Thursday, October 10, 2013

Decisions made

I THINK I've decided how to fit SL in my life without going mad and without having it interfere so much with RL.  Maybe...

I will play with my land and my animals as my RL game allowance lets me.

New purchases will be based on direct sales and auction sales.  Not buying at auction unless there are sales.  And this could be sad for me.  No sales right now and there's one in today's I really want.  Won't happen though...this one will be too high, even if I get one sale or even if my panel sells.

Not going to sweat the auctions...if I get an early panel, I'll try to do The Farm and Camelot auctions.  I am "free" in my own house, but for both auction times, my ability to be there during the last half is really getting more and more iffy.  Nothing bad.  Both auctions are ran well and at good times, just got some life obligations making it hard to be available for more than 1/2 hour to hour at a time.

Don't have this issue other times because I can just go afk when a need arises, no biggee if it's something that takes an hour or multiple hours even.  I freelance so this happens a whole lot.

But...I'm going to live my life the way I need to during auctions and not sweat what anyone thinks should I need to go afk.  Things like that start getting challenged, then I'll think about just not doing them.  I DO buy and pay it forward when I have sales.  And my attendance is a show of support.

And I try not to take advantage of the raffles that I don't have true need of...
I wear the grower robes as my RP D'ni person, so I do not join the contest, unless it happens to match my everyday wear.  Likewise, I don't join for the Shade or Drake raffles as they're something I won't use.  I donate for the giveaway raffles so don't join those.  Well, during new release I do join in the sack raffle, or if I want to start a new line of something.  And I do join the paid raffles - my way of showing auction support, even when I can't buy a panel.

This said, I'm debating next week's auctions.  Maybe a break is in order.  Think the weather is messing with me.  I got a little irritated at something at last auction...but not until hours after the auction.  So weird!  May need a break to let my bitchy side calm down a bit.  LOL

I'll see how I feel over the weekend.  Life is stressful right now, as I'm sure it is for all.  Especially those of us stateside.  Nervous times.

But I did take the emphasis off of sales.  Heavened most of my low priced BB crates, sent away the excess WK sacks.  Kept the KC area at Camelot the same, but birthed three key BB babies and 2 WK babies for those sections instead of the unbirthed animals in the main store.  What unbirthed animals I kept went to our personal sales yard with prices reduced.

Don't ask me why, but I'm still breeding the double ribbon traited penny appaloosas.  No one wants those, but for some reason I like them.  So they're still in the small Camelot corral.  Birthing the lavender and puce exotics to set out for sale, cause they're pretty.

In large corral, I picked up most and birthed a buttload of shibas.  They're for sale, except for the Heavenly group.  I know sales aren't "important" to me, but they're set where they should be...just couldn't set prime line ones for so little.  Maybe later.  Didn't get the eye on a special line one, but set it aside with 3k on it.  May birth some from the line to work back into it, unless someone sees its value and steals it before then.

It's hard trying to work out who to keep and who to let go.  Luckily I started right away with WK on a good rotation so that's not so bad.  I'm doing the same with the fish, and KCs are settled in their routine.  But BB.... gosh - still have so many in storage. I won't use all those!

Really need to start healing and heavening.  Deseeding those I want to keep for later.  Etc. Etc.  Slow process and so hard to decide who to do what with!  LOL

So, my jabbering is done.  Another decision I've made.  Blogging is information and sharing the new stuff or experiences with breedables.  A fun, lively blog only.  See how this works out...


No comments:

Post a Comment