Monday, October 21, 2013

They get treats again....

Well attention anyway.  My great danes decided to give me two coats this time.  A Harlequin and a Black Mantle.  So they got taken out for a walk and swim.

My animals have done really well yesterday.  Got a nice 4T white shiba with the Heaven Eye too.  Thinking I'll keep her for breeding, but haven't fully decided yet.

Sales stalled so my pay it forward has stalled too.  Sniff!  Thinking I'll go through and heaven a bunch and birth some more new.  Sent a lot of nice line 3T shibas away already.  And one of the double ribbon Appaloosa pennies.  Need to open up spots for the danes.  I'm only keeping a few.

The Harlequin girl is named Paisley.  Named the Black Mantle Ebony and Ivory.  Just need the Black Night one to call it Ebony after my Ebony.  A rescue Dane I owned awhile back.

She was black and I rescued her from a puppy mill through the shelter I ran.  She had been in the puppy mill since 8 weeks old but never tended to.  Stuck in a tiny crate, even as she outgrew it.  Crap piling up.

At six months I got her.  It was touch and go.  Her bones were so soft, she walked on her knees.  My father built a special crate for her, as I could only let her out 15 min a day.  Special food, light exercise, lots of love and she was walking upright in a few months like a normal dane.

Two years she stayed with me, then had to be put down for serious bone pain from the experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment