Sunday, August 4, 2013

Changes afoot for my Myst novels...


From the person behind Elpis:
My Myst stories thus far have been revolving around The Friends of the Fissure group from Myss Terrie's Bevin.  (Bevins used to be called neighborhoods, until someone got too fussy about the word and powers that rule Myst decided to give in to this...no, I didn't like it. But anyway...)

But Myss Terrie has lost interest.  The person behind Myss Terrie writes differently than I do anyway.

Branching off to explore my own group of Ages, taking my own created characters with me, seems to be the best course of action.

The how on how this will come to life is still to be determined, but let's start with Elpis's notes from today....


Elpis Diary
Year 2013, August 4th

The D'nipalooza celebration was today in the Cavern.  I visited during my ranching break.  It was great, reminded me of the days when I first answered Yeesha's call.  Between Kirel and D'ni Aegura there were 100 people.  Who knows how many more in the Ages I could not see the counts for or who were at their own Reltos.

I visited Shroomie.  She's doing very well and she loved her treat of spores I took her.

LaCasa has been very slow for a long while.  Each time I go visit, I find out that more people have moved on.  Made their way to make their real home.  Inanna and Okaasan have been gone on an Age hike or something for many months.  I don't know about Imzadi and KoHama.

I checked the books in my old office.  There wasn't anyone around to tell me who keeps the office now, but the books were kept up.  It's obvious that someone has been paying the bills.  Who and with what, is a mystery.

It really was quiet the last time I was there.  Sophrosyne even had a note tacked to her door that she was out collecting specimens in Eder Gira.

I thought I'd go visit Thorne quickly, as I've missed him, but met up with Chancey in the bookroom.  He said that Thorne and Issis would be far away from the link in area and to expect the trip to take me a few days by the time I hiked to them and back.

As I don't have that time to be away from work, I had to make do with giving Chancey my letter to Thorne when he returns back with their supplies.

God, I miss my man...

Instead I decided to travel the old route to the Cavern and went down to the Cleft and through the Great Tree.

While in Teledahn, I decided to explore an underwater region we had not checked out yet.  In all the days I spied on Sharper, I never saw him or any of the rest of the team go near this spot.  It's been on my mind for these last few years.  Time to put this curiosity to rest.

I found a chamber underneathe the area.

Like a huge submarine built underneathe the factory above.  I entered the hatch on top, allowed the water to drain and then entered into the chamber itself.

Large and round, it contained a two sectioned office.  One side sported a desk with old papers and books, while the other side was a large library.

I was suprised to find a ton of linking books there.

I've set up base there and will start going through the papers I've found.  Some look interesting.  On my way back to the ranch, I stopped off at LaCasa and left a note for Thorne in the bookroom to contact me immediately when he gets a chance to come back.  I missed catching Chancey before he finished gathering supplies and he had already returned, so I have no idea how long it will be before I hear from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment