Tuesday, August 27, 2013

It's time...

I spammed 14 breedable groups and no visitors, so that tells me something.  My classifieds are still active so that's not the issue and the stats on them show a lot lower interest.  I think LL's actions have caused a lull in things until people figure out what they want and where and how to get it.

It's okay.  I got things to take care of and a good clear out of my breedables is just what the doctor ordered.

I've turned in 1/2 of my kittycats boxes and will turn in most cats after this next round.  Not sure what I'll do about the b-day kitty yet.  Or the other special one I have.  Don't think I'm willing to pay the 1500L perma-pet fee and try setting them out for sale.  Maybe I'll just stuff them into storage with some other special editions I have to heal and sell later.

WK is promoting sactuary for the ones you can't sell for a 1k minimum.  I applaud their efforts and hope they don't stop.  I know I have some out for 500L and I know others have them out for less, including those I think of as "leaders", so there really isn't a way to stop the cheap selling of animals.  You'd have to have every single seller sticking to the 1k minimum price and that just isn't going to happen.  Everyday people don't have a secondary market mindset, and most just don't have the time to worry about it and adopt such a thing within a game. And not everyone can afford the high cost of a starter cat, so those offering them lower actually encourage more to come in to the breeding program and become future repeat buyers once the addiction settles in.  Still, think the WK management encouraging the 1k minimum and the sanctuary is a very good thing and hope they keep it up.

Still no sales, and I don't plan on any for the day time - it's Tuesday restart day so most smart people stay away and just come in to make sure SL didn't eat any of their stuff after it's all over.  I do lose at least 1/2 of my weekly spending allowance due to this period of no sales, but still will attend the patron auction and perhaps end up with a panel.  Great breeders offering their crates today.

For my sales prices...they're down, a lot.  My pablos and roys are down to 1k now, and I could cut them more but I'll wait.  I heavened a bunch more and cut certain ones down as far as 150L.  There's about 8 more I'll heaven if they don't sell at those cheap prices.

And while they listened and answered on the biochip coats, they did not on the excessive males on exotics.  Still getting too many males.  Think I'm up to 20 new coat exotics males.  In my opinion, it's one of the things that contributed to the exotics short success time.  The exotics are great, but if people can't get a decent ratio of male to female, it cuts herd progress short and people will move to something else more sexually reasonable. :-)

And no - still no word on how much the biochip coats will cost.  I finished my crate supply heavening, keeping only the absolute best.  Even heavened a bunch of Pepi crates.  I'm about 230 crates from the place I need to be for the two I want...if they're the price I think they will be.

And the figures surprised me...I think 5 biochips is good.  But.  If the biochip coats are the price I think they will be, which is all right, then they really are going to cost me twice the amount other breedables haven coats costed me.

I'll still play for heaven points, but this also changes things for me.  I may save money by buying future biochip coats from others after these first few versus breeding to accumulate enough biochips to get my own.

At any rate, my population is dwindling down to a low number...time has come to not breed as many...just not worth it.  Will be down far enough in a week to eliminate one parcel if I like.  Haven't decided yet.  May keep it for building playing and for when starters come out and I want to bulk breed for a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. As I posted, I made a sale.

    It's slow but not dead out there, folks.

    ReplyDelete