Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Traffic up and mesh comments...

It was nice to see a spike in traffic at the market today after my last post.  It was a bit of a shock, and encouraging.

I may put my Sumatra tiger in tonight's auction.  It's out for 10k, but I'll start it at a 5K bid.  Partly because I'm lazy and this is something easy to decide on setting out on the panel.  LOL  Otherwise I'd have to go through things and decide on one I'd be willing to set out for open bid. Like I said, I'm lazy.  LOL

I'm also watching WK comments on sim performance, landlords and mesh.

Yes, mesh messes up a sim, as do surrounds.  Mesh is okay for clothing in SL, bad for building.

I know a few who would argue that but that's their choice.  I just know that LL doesn't know what they think they know about making mesh work, obviously, and that SL uses too many connections to lump in another poorly ran element onto my computer.  And a mesh sim knocks my fps down by 1/2 or more.  A good computer, good viewer and great connection.  Mesh in SL is not for me.

Landlords still want to blame breedable owners for sim performance.  Truth is, the breedables are less of a drag on a sim than other objects.  Your mesh, your tortured prims, your huds, your sexual beds and toys are what drags a sim down.  Clubs are terrible on it.  Too much landscaping brings a sim down.  Often floors cause issues. I've worked with my landlord on a clean homestead testing different elements out...this isn't just my opinion talking.

There are breedables who are questionable though...Amarettos tested high on that sim we tested out.  The Wild Wood kitties had registered high then too.  I loved those and plan on getting into the Imaginimals after beta testing is done.  Hoping they worked out how to make them easier on the sims.

There's a few others I'd like to test.  If I ever get another sim to do the testing on through my landlord again.


No comments:

Post a Comment