Monday, August 12, 2013

Riven and Some days....

I've been playing Riven on my iphone over again while studying different walkthroughs.  Trouble with me is I'm a player who does a lot of moving back and forth because I end up skipping things I should have done before moving to the next spot.  Now I'm playing, studying, replaying to set the proper order in my mind.  That way when a friend asks for help I don't give them an answer that makes them backtrack so much.

Check out Cyan.com for their games.  Their 20th Anniversary is coming up next month.  20 years and they still have many, many fans.  Plus getting new fans all the time.  This company must be pretty good, eh?  LOL

The some days refers to my breedables thoughts.  Most days I have positive thoughts and I ignore the market of breedables, or rather how the prices on the market place aren't respected.  Then, some days I let the prices people put out there sink in and make me feel like chucking it all in.

I've been as guilty as the next person on the pricing game.  I also have no shyness about picking up a super good deal on an animal.  After all it's their product and their choice on what to sell it for, right?  Yes.  And that is the same consideration I want.

Still, it's hard to not look at what others are selling for and get discouraged every once in awhile.  Makes it difficult to put a good price on your own.

Which is why I've begun the routine I did.  If it's not exceptional or something I want to use on next gen breeding, it gets heavened.

I'm not doing multiple random bundlers anymore.  In the old days people used to like playing with those, but not anymore so I take the biochips for them instead.

Right now, I'm still keeping all new coats from exotics to have out for sale.  Sales are slow on those - people have done their experimenting and have decided on their specialties.  Plus, many have the breeders they want and are in process of breeding them down.

Don't have a definite guide for pricing I use, but basically I offer the new coat exotics at what should be a discount at 1k male 1500 female.  If there's a lot of a certain coat, those I've knocked down to 500L.  Used to be difficult to keep the spot full.  Now I'm on one crate overflow.  Pretty good indicator that people have what they need.

Except for the super rare coats...they'll still be 2k basic price for a little bit longer.

Once I get the deseeding down to where I need it, I'm cutting back on numbers.  Just working the exotics to deseed basically now.  Maybe let the best go to The Farm auctions.  I'd like to use the room to pick on the german shepherd breeding.  I've made some good sets that would be fun to play with from Triple Sec's line.

On the rest of BB, I don't know what to say on pricing.  It's really a matter of personal opinion/worth/taste/goals, etc.

Going to auctions is the best way to see what people are paying for what.  When setting out for direct sale, if it's something I'll take to auction, I'll set it at the full price.  When I take those to auction, I tend to make the start bid lower than full price.  Sometimes I'll get crazy and go open bid.  Just remember, you have to be prepared to get your opening bid and no more if only one person is interested at the time.  People's interest rotate a lot.  One week they want one thing, another week they want something else all together.

If it's not something I'll be taking to auction, I usually set it out at direct sale for a small discount.  Unless I think I may want to use it later on, then I'll put full price on it.  3/4 of the time, the item sells before I'm ready for it too.

No matter what, I can't see setting out anything for less than 100L.  If it's not worth 100L it's heavened or stored for special uses.

Anything worth more than 100L but I'm not willing to tie up sales space waiting for it to sell, I'll just heaven it or donate it to the giveaways.  This happens a lot to me.  I'm deseeding epics and breeding good stuff only.

Heavening the "good" stuff is difficult.  Really hard.  But I've worked on forcing myself to do it and almost feel good about it now...almost.  LOL  The knowledge that heavening rather than selling too low helps the data base and the secondary market out helps me.

BTW...I've decided not to sell for less than 100L on BB anymore.  And my prices are as above - what the animal is worth minus a small discount.  Wish that Biochip coat would come out to help with this effort.

KittyCats I'm tougher on.  I take the 50 Kitty dollars for the majority of the boxes I get.

Wild Kingdom I'm starting the same.  Even tougher.  Got a routine of sanctuary a few and buying replacements started now...still perfecting that.  Sacks will start on a sanctuary routine soon too, since I'm getting enough.  Exceptions are the RFL OS sacks.  Hanging on to those as those may be wanted by buyers later on.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment