Thursday, August 22, 2013

Off for a few days....

While I visit family for the weekend, I hope I return to hear an update on when Biobreeds will think they'd have a biochip edition coat available.

I hope to see some good crates from my babies waiting for me.

I won't be taking a panel for Monday, unless I see at the last minute that I'm in house and they're short of sellers.  Unlikely to be short of sellers there though, thankfully.

I do plan on being in for the Tuesday auctions...and hope to have something to update here with on Monday or Tuesday.

Things actually have been quiet.  Traffic at market corrals and such are down by about 1/3 this last week.  People are busy.  And some are moving to other grids.

Yes, LL has been mucking about with SL again and messing it up for many.  If it keeps going this way, I can see SL becoming a place for an elite group of breeders and action gamers, while others who just want to simply relax in a non-stressful environment go elsewhere.

We have three computers.  SL can't run good on one, too old and low powered to handle the load.  SL really does use a lot of connections, so people are subject to interest performance.  The pc will probably be okay after we up the graphics card in it, but right now fps is down to 10.  Newer laptop can handle SL at 30-50fps, depending on the location.  Not too bad.

The other grids my family uses aren't as "advanced" and so not as "good" but in a lot of ways they're infinitely better.  I don't have time to be everywhere, so I'm really sticking with Inwordz for right now, and just for short amounts of time while I build my product bases in my home.  Once I get so far in that, I'll get a large piece of land for a store/publishing/art area.  And hope that Amaretto gets close to beta testing soon so I can look forward to having horses there next year.

And hoping some lesser priced animations become available there for builders.  I can find good ones in SL for 2-150L, but InWorldz builders seem to want an average of 8-900Izzies for the ones I use.  Sorry, I build, I sell, but I don't make money off of them...not gonna pay that price.  I understand you did the work, I understand you want to be paid, but that's where my understanding ends.  This is a game and I treat it as a game.  If I want to make money, I go to Real Life, where it's supposed to happen.  And yes, you can, if you take the time to learn how to do it properly.

Not to discredit anyone who makes money within the game.  I know breeders who do and I know builders and landlords who do too.  I support these people (as long as they actually report their income and pay taxes on it like anyone else)...I just can't justify paying Real life money for stuff I won't see a return on.  I have RL priorities that come first.  Of course, I'll change my tune after winning the lottery.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment